Monday, July 31, 2006

Old news

"Why are you keeping him in so long?" grumbles my Man.
This is in response to, "No, no, hon, baby won't be coming out till later...MUCh later."
Which was elicited by a very excited, "Is baby coming out today?"
And it all started with a mundane, "Mommy's going to the doctor's today, k?"
Each time I go for a check-up
(what?! [exclaimed in the same incredulous tone my Man delivers everytime he feels incredulously annoyed by something like Mommy chatting him up when he's deep in play] it's hardly a check-up, more a check-in to report [what?! the size of my fatter belly?] coz the doc checks nothing other than my blood pressure, which I tell ya is rising each time I pay him a purposeless visit. Ok, fine, enough complaints already.)
...back to THE point....
Each time I go for a check-up, my Man eagerly asks if I will bring home the baby NOW.
And each time I tell him not yet, he looks puzzled, which gradually turns to slight annoyance and of late, a huge grumble - about why I have to keep the baby in so long.
Tonight, after the usual story and prayers, he told me that maybe there isn't a cutie baby in my belly afterall.
"Maybe, mommy, it's just a huge, wiggly WORM!"
His way of telling me that maybe I've been lying to him all this while.
Passage of time.
What is that to a child?
Nothing's fun if it isn't here and now.
These are indeed interesting creatures.

5 Comments:

Blogger gremlin said...

my Man will be very disappointed if it's a girl. I, on the other hand, would love another girl BUT...my Belle will not I'm pretty sure of that....since nobody's gonna tell me even if the sky falls down - fine, we'll just keep guessing till the cows come home. I feel sooo singaporean now - wanna go home and get a proper scan done lah!

10:11 PM  
Blogger HairyDonut said...

WTF? They won't scan? Or they won't tell you? What next - you'll have to give birth at home without an epidural?

But if the kid gets Canadian citizenship, it'll all be worth it.

Cannot bear to cut R's hair. Husband now complaining that he looks like one of the Lost Boys from Peter Pan because his hair is so long.

12:23 AM  
Blogger gremlin said...

I dunno about long hair. personally, I prefer the short, pai-si look, not the pretty boy type. anyway, if he'll let you cut - wonderful! I've been trying then sending him off to the hairdressers...my shearing not good lah. no scan. only ONE scan in all my life, I mean, in all of this pregnancy. NO MORE. pissed. and yeah, if you're like 3 cm dilated they won't ward you - not enuff space. go shopping, is what they'll tell ya, till you're MORE dilated and in worse pain, then come back and SEE HOW. bloody h..I dunno if it's all worth it. but will give it a shot. if I curse and swear after you'll know why.

11:52 AM  
Blogger gremlin said...

poor jon jon! no need lah. just buy those shaving shears and DIY in the bathroom with plenty of water distraction. you gotta be daring though otherwise like me....end up sending him to hairdresser's anyway to clean up. btw, does your husband not fly to vancouver anymore? we've seen him all of once since a year ago.

9:35 PM  
Blogger gremlin said...

ok, then go to LA and fly here lah - only 2.5 hours what. so fun. get do disneyland then vancouver - quite the trip. do it do it! if you do it when I pop then you need to bring extra presents so....I dunno...your choice.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home