Friday, February 02, 2007

Baffling

Mystery: How do you travel with 3 children on an 18 hour flight and manage to pack a nifty, trendy, teeny carry-on?

Impossible. Completely mind boggling. Been thinking about it the entire evening. Am still awake puzzling over it when I ought to be asleep. Flying off tomorrow morning.

I manage to squeeze everything I need in a LeSportSac - the size of a gym bag. The bulge it makes negates the trendy design of le sac. But I need those blankies (all 3) so they'd fall asleep without much ado. And I also need those books (so I can read them to sleep). And I also need that hefty pack-o-majorly-imaginative snacks - who needs hungry cranky kids? I also definitely need that motion sickness medication that comes in this not-so-small bottle - so I can drug them if all else fails. So...chuck out the passports or the diapers to lighten the load or....? See, not an option. No options really when you're travelling with 3.

The husband has flown off for business and will join us later. But this mystery wouldn't have been solved anyway even if he hadn't. My mystery. All for the sake of my sweethearts. All 3. Love them, hate the baggage. (literally) Plus this is what you get when you crave hawker food. You die die also must fly home fast. Like Now.

Last time I was home, I couldn't eat. Couldn't fathom my loss of appetite. Blamed it on the heat. Then realised at the end of the trip that the pomegranate was acoming. Hence the 'illness'.

This time, I will attack all my favourite foods with a vengence. Watch me. Nothing will stop me.

1 Comments:

Blogger HairyDonut said...

You are really seow. I don't know how you can do it. I can't even go shopping with 1 kid for an afternoon without losing my mind. And you are planning to fly ALONE with 3 babies across the world? I am amazed and ... very very jealous.

I suggest you stuff the small items into a 10-pocket fanny pack and carry a huge backpack with everything, and then make Goo carry a suitcase on (one of those kiddy drag on luggage things). Have seen all the Ang Mos do it and now I know why. Lots of things can go in there, like 3 blankets and all the empty clean bottles (since you can't bring water in anyway). And they don't need to carry - it's drag on!

If the drugs don't work, you can always ingest it yourself and pass out. By the time you come to, the stewardesses and other passengers would have sorted out their respective child-minding duties.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home