Friday, March 16, 2007

My fortune

In a cookie.

To get 3 fortunes in one cookie is crazy.

But that's exactly what I got tonight.

So I took it to heart to read them carefully. They tell me that:-

1. Striving for the best will bring you the best.
2. Your life will be happy and peaceful.
3. A tantalizing new prospect will come your way.

Wow. Can't be that bad afterall then.

Am selling our wares. The swing set, the second cot, the lil tikes car, the activity table, the pool, the baby tub, and various others - they're gone. Material things don't matter, I tell my children. They holler and wail so loud it's like I'm selling and taking the very clothes off their back. But it's really ok coz material things don't matter, I repeat. Then why do these people want ours? they retort. Um. Coz they haven't realised that material things don't matter?, I explain. They grumble (read 'wail') even louder. I end up saying ok ok I buy you another later. Sigh. What a loser. But I'm too tired. This job is, without a doubt, tiring. But I've uncovered something about myself - I can actually sell things. People will actually buy off me. That's some consolation. Hm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home