Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Born truthful


Straight from innocent lips, "Mommy, why is Devon sooo fat?"

Devon is my Man's new swim instructor (ang moh on right of picture).

I couldn't let the moment kill me...soo MANY eyes were on me from that bold and oh-so-terribly-LOUD statement!!!!

To rectify the boo-boo, I bravely replied, "No dear, she's muscular from all that swimming. She's a good swimmer."

I thought I did pretty well coz my response elicited smiles from all those eyes around me... until my Man muttered, "Mommy, I don't want to be a good swimmer anymore...."

The heartaches of motherhood!

My Belle now speaks! Today, everything is labelled, "Aarpp" [translated "Up"]

So even though she was clambering down from the bed or from the sofa, she would forewarn, "Aarpp!". Gor Gor was in stitches.

3 Comments:

Blogger hon said...

Hahaha! And what a great come-back from mummy too! I hope Devon didn't catch any of this though.

Was it an indoor heated pool? Noticed that Gareth's not wearing his usual scuba suit.

Aarrp!

7:05 PM  
Blogger gremlin said...

Yeah, indoor otherwise he wouldn't swim AT ALL. He's all freaky about cold so cold weather, cold air, cold weather are all no-nos. I guess that's why he's so homesick like his daddy....No, thank God Devon didn't hear him. Aarrp!

3:50 PM  
Blogger HairyDonut said...

So cute. Ryan just squeals and smiles and makes vowel noises (mostly when he's supposed to be drinking his milk). I notice he's more smiley and squealey with his dad too, which is quite annoying.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home