Friday, February 10, 2006

Dragon hunting

In the backyard. They found a "tunnel" and speared it with their bamboo "weapons" to scare the dragon so he wouldn't come out and "disturb" us anymore. That's their story...
And whilst I was updating this site, my Man said to me to "type A R T here so they have my number..." He just asked me if I've done as he had instructed. "So my friends can call me...do it" Yes, your highness. Please keep the calls coming in lest I get blamed.

My Man's quotable quotes:-

"When the drums [lion dance drums] beat, my stomach beats." - at the conclusion of the CNY Chintown parade.

"You are a porcupine without spikes!" was an "insult" he hurled at Daddy one day when they were having a verbal "battle".

"You are a house without...er...er...er lights and a balcony!" when he ran out of "insults" to trade.

7 Comments:

Blogger gremlin said...

I dunno...but I'm glad he's past the verbal barrier. Kyra's still struggling so her frustrations are amplified 10 times by temper tantrums and tears because she cannot yet express herself in words.

12:09 PM  
Blogger HairyDonut said...

Yes! I went out with R yesterday ALONE (still can't figure out why I decided to do that).

Thought I could handle him.

Ended up scuffling with him on the 2nd floor of Tangs because he wanted to crawl all over and touch the clothes and bad mommy wouldn't let. Everyone stared. I wanted to sell him.

2:23 AM  
Blogger gremlin said...

oh please, do just carry on. no worries here.

11:30 PM  
Blogger hon said...

Hey Grems, how is your Man getting along with his abc's. My C remains impervious to all forms of coaxing, encouragement and threats when it comes to recognising her alphabet. I don't know whether she's just dumb, or just not ready. It's especially frustrating as she seems fairly articulate -though admittedly nowhere as eloquent and poetic as your G. Btw, I love the house without lights and balcony analogy, cant help but picture a blondie "runway".

9:26 AM  
Blogger gremlin said...

no alphabets for my Man. none whatsoever. he learns only on his terms and when he wants to. right now, he's interested in Mandarin so...you can imagine..we're all half past ourselves! he can spell his name verbally now - this is because of school. I think when they're developmentally ready (and esp if the other kids also wanna learn) then they'll learn alright. dun stress!

5:02 PM  
Blogger hon said...

OK. Following a second hair-pulling attempt which nearly cost me my sanity I did a little web research on alphabet recognition and when this is supposed to occur. According to the experts, it only happens when they're 4 1/2; so I'm the one to blame. I feel rather horrible now. Have adjusted my expectations and temper accordingly. Will try again next year when she's nearer 4.

7:36 PM  
Blogger hon said...

With all this silence - I fear that Grems may yet have embarked on another hateful holiday, which she'd gloat about at every other poor working mum's expense!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home