Tuesday, October 03, 2006

62 kg

... is freakin' heavy and 63's usually when I pop. I feel it's almost time. I have 3 different EDDs to contend with.18th, 23rd and 25th Nov.The joy (pain) of having 3 different doctors check you out.Place your bets now.
My Belle's very conversational these days. "Who farted?" held the prize for the loudest refrain thus far. NEVER take your kids out to the mall on a gassy day. Sure beats the hell outta stage fright. Yeah, think I turned 2 shades whiter. Yet, regardless of pallor, until someone actually provided her with an answer, she wasn't gonna let up - with every repeated refrain raised a decibel. "Mommy did." I finally hissed at her. She replied, "Awful. Icky." I ought to be bursting with irrepressible pride at this mastery of language but I felt more ostrich-like than peacock.
My Man's the same way.
I thought perhaps the gentle, persuasive, sympathy, empathy way would sway him, ya know, "Hon, you'd hurt her feelings. That's not nice to say out loud. She's old and may be upset."Futile.
He looked at her in wonderment....I thought he was digesting every morsel of what I'd said...learning emphathy with every line I muttered....hell no. Loud as a trumpet just as she approached the bench for her towel right next to him he bellows, "But she IS SOOOO BIG, SOOO FFAAT. [emphasis all his] LOOK mommy, she can't even walk, mommy, LOOOK!"
I just blanked out.
Just zonked out.
Just glazed my eyes over and pretended I was dead but somehow sitting upright next to this monster of a loud-hailer.
I had nothing to say.
If only I coulda run. 62 kgs is too heavy to run. I'd start, then slip and fall....but maybe that would have deflected the embarassment. Saved the situation. Why dint I start to run...

7 Comments:

Blogger HairyDonut said...

25th November?! That's my birthday!

I have to go with S$5 on 25th November.

Did you try spanking them into a polite silence? I might have tried that one.

11:46 PM  
Blogger gremlin said...

your birthday! uh-oh....you kidding about the spanking, right?! I alread know that all I'd get is a louder "AW! WHY DID YOU HIT ME?! IS IT BECAUSE YOU DUN WAN ME TO SAY DAT SHE'S FAT?! BUT SHE'S FAAATT!!!" futile lah.

5:42 PM  
Blogger gremlin said...

so minx you put on 10 kg! I've put on like 14 already! (now I'm kidding myself that I was 48kg before I got preggers 3rd time round ha ha)actually,l think I was 50 kg when I found out so...10kg more than your original weight is HEAVY. and with short legs like mine - no, cannot run with that load ;P which maid is this? the same one? can't be. I remember that you sent her home oredi...the fair one...or no...she went home on a holiday....maybe that's her way of being conversationally friendly (gag). you know like how some people have zilch EQ. like you know who. (erm, other than my kids ie.) SMIRK. so, easy for me to say, let her be....if it were me though, she'd be missing her tongue by now.

10:55 PM  
Blogger HairyDonut said...

Yes, you'd have ripped her tongue out and made sir eat it.

I can't remember how heavy I was when I popped - have blocked it out of my mind.

Just found out last night that Calista Flockhart is 10 kg lighter than me. It took some convincing, though. I told myself that I'm only 35 kg, but then contradicted myself by reminding myself that I registered 48 kg when I weighed myself 2 days ago. Coz it's all about me, you know.

8:29 PM  
Blogger valkyrie said...

hey i'm 17th november! november's a cool month. ;)

12:22 PM  
Blogger HairyDonut said...

Does it work?

8:16 PM  
Blogger HairyDonut said...

Yeah. Where's the next entry. You can't have given birth yet - it's supposed to be 25 November.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home