Monday, December 19, 2005

The twang

My Man speaks the twang. It's "sponge-barb" (otherwise known as "sponge-bob" in English) and "tah-fee" ("toffee"). Why should it? but it does, annoy me.

"Hey Mommy! Sponge-barb's on T.V.! I lurvvvv Sponge-barb! Can I have my tah-fee Mommy whilst watching Sponge-barb? What's hap'ning?! What's hap'ning?! What's Sponge-barb doin'? Where's my tah-fee Mommy?" Argh. Stuffed the toffee into his mouth to ebb the painful chatter.

This must be the prelude to the infamous Canadian "eh". I shudder at this thought.

2 Comments:

Blogger HairyDonut said...

We also got "eh" what. There's a difference meh?

1:21 AM  
Blogger HairyDonut said...

I got my husband (sneering American) to explain it for me last night. It certainly sounds more melodious than KNNBCCB, in my humble opinion.

I don't understand why the Americans think this way. The husband certainly does. He has a certain chortle that he reserves only for Canadian-related topics.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home